Billerbeck Bern Caro Duvet
Fans of extra fluffy, lightweight down duvets and smaller need for warmth (2** warmth level) !
Classic warm-season down duvet for people who like extra fluff even in the warmer months!
Extra-large Europen Goose down. Reminder: duck downs are small and fluffy while the goose is a much bigger bird, so downs are way larger and fluffier = lighter duvet, more fluff).
"Bern 100" is pure down, while "Bern 90" is 90%+10% feathers (heavier in weight) Classic comforter, quilted in closed checks, which prevent the slipping of the filling.
- Light comforter for the transitional period
- Moisture friendly
- Divided into small tiles, so down is well distributed over the entire surface
- For people with a smaller need for warmth
- Natural mite protection NOMITE®
|Bern 100||Bern 90|
100% new, pure, European, extra-large fluff goose down, white, VSB standard
|90% new, pure, European, large flock goose down, white, 10% feathers, VSB standard|
100% cotton, Batiste supérieure with SanProCare finish
100% cotton, fine batiste
Oeko-Tex® Standard 100
|160 x 210 cm||450 g||770 g|
|160 x 240 cm||510 g||630 g|
|200 x 210 cm||560 g||690 g|
|240 x 240 cm||770 g||940 g|
What is the difference between goose down and duck down?
Goose down is larger and stronger than duck down, which is why a duvet with 100 % goose down has a better fill power. The better quality is a result of the fact that geese are larger than ducks and generally have a longer life. Things you should pay attention:
- Goose down flakes is bigger than duck down flakes, which means: more fluffy and soft, lighter in weight, and better isolation.
- There are different quality of goose downs that varies greatly - the size and the density. The bigger and more dense the goose down, the more fluffy your duvet or pillow. The difference can be huge.
- "Swiss made" - indicates that the downs undergo a special state-of-art cleaning process at billerbeck Switzerland factory, where they are treated in high temperature and all dust is removed. It takes hours and many different stages to prepare the down for Billerbeck standard.
What does the percentage of feathers mean?
Feather provides support in a pillow and heaviness in a duvet. Feathers are flat and will not provide nearly as much fluff as what down will. Feathers also have a sharp shell, which will periodically stick out and poke you, causing some discomfort. If you’re not overly concerned about insulation, such as with pillows, personal preference will be the deciding factor.