Billerbeck Duvet ClimaControl®
The billerbeck ClimaControl® NASA certified technology duvet warms you if you are cold, and cools you down if you are hot! How is that possible? All you need to do - is turn your duvet on the other side. ClimaControl® duvet is filled with high-quality goose down, while one side of the duvet is combined with a temperature-regulating Outlast® high-tech knitted fabric.
If you keep this duvet between the hands for a few seconds - you will feel how one side is warming, while another side is cool. Want to try? Give us a call!
- Perfect for people experiencing temperature changes/heatwaves during sleep.
- Moisture regulating and breathable.
- The revolutionary Outlast® temperature regulation concept, based on PCM technology ( P hase C hange M aterial), absorbs the excess heat and stores it. If it gets colder, this is released again in order to offer an ideal comfort temperature throughout the night.
- Natural mite protection NOMITE. Down- and feather-filled bedding articles carrying the NOMITE® brand feature a particularly down- and feather-proof fabric ticking, which makes them suitable for house-dust-allergy sufferers.
- Duvet for people with a normal need for warmth (Classic), less need for warmth (Light) to very low need for warmth (Superlight).
- Swiss made.
What is the difference between billerbeck ClimaControl® and billerbeck ClimaBalance® duvets?
ClimaControl® is intended more for people suffering from temperature changes during the night (getting too hot/cold), while ClimaBalance® is more for releasing the moisture. So if you suffer from perspiration during your sleep - you should choose ClimaBalance® instead.
|160 x 210 cm||240 g||370 g||500 g|
|160 x 240 cm||280 g||420 g||570 g|
|200 x 210 cm||300 g||460 g||620 g|
|240 x 240 cm||420 g||630 g||
|100% cotton, finest Swiss batiste, hydrophilic and breathable. With underlying Outlast® knitted fabric (58% polyester, 42% silicone with PCM), Oeko-Tex Standard 100|
|Filling:||100% new, pure, European, particularly large flake goose down, white, VSB standard|
|Advantages:||Temperature regulating, NOMITE suitable for allergy sufferers|
|Washable:||60 ° C|
What is the difference between goose down and duck down?
Goose down is larger and stronger than duck down, which is why a duvet with 100 % goose down has a better fill power. The better quality is a result of the fact that geese are larger than ducks and generally have a longer life. Things you should pay attention:
- Goose down flakes is bigger than duck down flakes, which means: more fluffy and soft, lighter in weight, better isolation.
- There are different quality of goose downs that varies greatly - the size and the density. The bigger and more dense the goose down, the more fluffy your duvet or pillow. The difference can be huge.
- "Swiss made" - indicates that the downs undergo a special state-of-art cleaning process at billerbeck Switzerland factory, where they are treated in high temperature and all dust is removed. It takes hours and many different stages to prepare the down for billerbeck standard.
That said, the overall quality of the duvet matters more than the type of down. The higher the down quality, the higher the fill power and the better the insulation. For ClimaBalance® billerbeck used only 100% new, pure, European, particularly large flake goose down.
What does the percentage of feathers mean?
Feather provides support in a pillow and heaviness in a duvet. Feathers are flat and will not provide nearly as much fluff as what down will. Feathers also have a sharp shell, which will periodically stick out and poke you, causing some discomfort. If you’re not overly concerned about insulation, such as with pillows, personal preference will be the deciding factor.